To have your Hostinger free emails working, you only need to do a few easy steps:
- Point your domain to Hostinger (with either NS or A record)
- Create your first email accounts (in hPanel or cPanel).
What to do if your domain is using external nameservers
If your domain is pointing elsewhere by NS records, your DNS Zone management is moved to the provider you pointed the domain to and should be managed from there.
As long as your domain is pointing to Hostinger by A record, the changes you should do to your active DNS zone are:
If you are using hPanel
You can find default Hostinger email DNS records here:
If you are using cPanel
Add cPanel MX records: since MX records of cPanel point back to your server IP, in order to use email services with us follow this procedure:
- Create a subdomain (for example, mails)
- Point the subdomain to your cPanel’s hosting IP address here at Hostinger via A record
- Point your domain’s MX record to the newly created subdomain
Once this is done your MX records will be pointing to our server 👍
cPanel TXT (SPF) record: the required TXT (SPF) record for cPanel can be found inside your DNS Zone Editor, just copy the record and add it to your active DNS Zone.