Integrating Google Tag Manager (GTM) into your website is relatively straightforward:
Connecting Google Tag Manager to your website
Save the changes and update your website.
How to find the Container ID
1. Log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
2. You'll see the Container ID which consists of
GTM- and some letters or numbers – that’s the ID you need to paste in your website's integrations settings:
Checking if Googe Tag Manager has been connected successfully
1. Install Google Tag Assistant (this is a Chrome extension).
2. Open your website in Chrome and click on the extension. Select the wanted tags (check/uncheck the boxes), select if you want to validate selected pages or all pages, and click Done:
3. Then, click Enable and reload the page:
4. Click on the extension again to see the results:
To learn more, check out the Beginners Guide to Google Tag Manager 💡