Integrating Google Tag Manager (GTM) into your website is relatively straightforward – you simply need to know your GTM container ID (GTM-XXXXXXX).
NOTE: For tracking scripts to work properly, make sure that a cookie banner is enabled on your website
Connect Google Tag Manager to Your Website
Within the builder, access the integrations settings, find the Google Tag Manager field, and insert your GTM container ID there:
Save the changes and update your website.
How to Find the Container ID
1. Log in to your Google Tag Manager account.
2. You'll see the Container ID which consists of
GTM- and some letters or numbers – that’s the ID you need to paste in your website's integrations settings:
If you struggle to find the container ID, refer to this Tag Manager Help article 💡
Check if Googe Tag Manager Has Been Connected Successfully
1. Install Google Tag Assistant (this is a Chrome extension).
2. Open your website in Chrome, allow cookies, and click on the extension. Select the wanted tags (check/uncheck the boxes), select if you want to validate selected pages or all pages, and click Done:
3. Then, click Enable and reload the page:
4. Click on the extension again to see the results:
To learn more, check out the Beginners Guide to Google Tag Manager 💡