Google Analytics is a great analytical tool available to track your website's activity and your visitors. It’s completely free and very easy to set up.
1. Go to Google Analytics page and create an account.
2. Google will require basic information about your website or your business. Once you have finished the sign-up process, you will be redirected to your account. Click on Data Streams and choose your desired data stream, for this article we will use Web:
3. Fill all the necessary fields and click on Create stream:
4. On this step, Google gives you the Global Site Tag, which is a code that will run the tracking process. You will need to copy this code:
5. Now the last step is to insert this Global Site Tag code into the <head> of every page on your website.
If you’re not sure how to add the code to your website, you can check these awesome tutorials for the most popular platforms:
- Setting up Google Analytics on Shopify
- How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress
- Setup Google Analytics on Drupal
- Add a Google Analytics Tracking Code to your OpenCart Store
In case you are still having trouble adding the code or your used CMS is not in the list you can always contact our Customer Success Team. We would be happy to help! 😊
- After you set up Google Analytics on your website, it usually takes up to 48 hours to show your website traffic. Your data will appear as soon as it has started the tracking process