If you wish to set up your mailbox on Mozilla Thunderbird, you need to make sure that:
- You have an email account created
- Your domain is pointing to our servers
- You got correct MX records set up
Then you may refer to this procedure:
Step 1 - Adding CNAME record
To have Thunderbird configured automatically, you will need to add the following CNAME record to your domain’s DNS zone:
Target (Pointing to)
- Make sure to replace “domain.tld” with your domain
- How to add and remove CNAME records on hPanel?
Any DNS record changes trigger propagation which can take up to 24 hours to fully propagate worldwide. You can check the propagation live via DNS Cheker, as soon as the record is propagated, go to the next step.
Step 2 - Connect to Mozilla Thunderbird
In Mozilla Thunderbird, add a new email account. The path might differ depending on your Mozilla Thunderbird version, make sure to check this article to find detailed guidance.
After inserting the email address and password, you only need to wait for some time (up to 10 minutes). After that’s completed, Mozilla Thunderbird will be successfully connected to your mailbox at Hostinger 😊
- If an automated way doesn’t work for you, you can always set up Mozilla Thunderbird manually