Setting up your email account with an email client can be easily done by collecting your email details and pasting them to your email client configuration.
In case you are using Business or Enterprise email, you can connect to an email client via the mobile app.
If you wish to connect to Gmail using Android, you need to make sure that:
- You have an email account created
- Your domain is pointing to our servers
- You got correct MX records set up
Then you may refer to this procedure:
Step 1 - Gathering your email details
- How to get email account configuration details on hPanel?
- How to get email account configuration details in cPanel?
Depending on if you are using hPanel or cPanel, the email configuration details will differ. For this particular article, we will use hPanel as a reference.
Step 2 - Setting up email in Android Gmail
- Make sure you have Gmail already installed (or install it);
- Add a new email account following this article.
Pages with IMAP and SMTP details inserted will look like this:
That’s it! Now you know how to add email accounts to Android Gmail 😊
Fixing possible errors
Most of the time, errors are linked with incorrect parameters you are pasting to your email client. For such cases, it is highly recommended resetting your password and input parameters one more time, following the tutorial.
If it still doesn’t work, try using alternative ports and encryption modes:
- Non-SSL IMAP: 143 port
- Non-SSL POP3: 110 port
- Non-SSL SMTP: 587 port
If you face any difficulties with it, you can always contact Customer Success team 😊