Changing your account’s password is possible as soon as you log in to your account. If you cannot remember your password, you can reset it.
- If you use social login (Google account, Facebook, Github, etc), to change your password make sure to unlink social login.
If you are using email and password to log in, to change the password click on your avatar and choose Account Information (My Profile):
How to change the password in the new interface?
On Account Information page you will see the Login settings section and two buttons:
- Button to change your password
- Button to manage your two-factor authentication
Just click on the > near the password, and you will be able to quickly change it 😊
How to change the password in the old interface?
On My Profile page click on Change password, which is located on the left side of your panel:
If you cannot find the Change Password option, this means you need to unlink your social login first.
How to create a strong password?
Make sure that your password:
- Is not being used on other websites;
- Contains more than 8 characters;
- Contains different characters (numbers/ letters/ special characters);
- Does not include elements that can easily recognize you (important dates, pet’s name, etc)
You may as well use a password manager, there are several great options around! By using a strong password, you ensure your account will be as secure as possible 💪
To ensure your security, it’s also recommended to use social login or 2-factor authentication.