If you want to backup your website at HostGator, you will need to:
- Log in to your HostGator's cPanel.
- Click on Backups menu in the Files section.
- Under Full Backup section, select Generate/ Download a Full Website Backup.
- Select the Home Directory option from the Backup Destination drop-down menu.
- Specify your Email Address if you want to get a notification when the backup is complete.
- Click Generate Backup, which will make a backup for you and place the tar.gz file inside of your home directory.
- Now you can then download the backup via cPanel, FTP or SSH!