.COM.AU domains can be registered if you have a business and a valid business number within Australia. List of accepted business numbers can be found below:
- Australian Company Number (ACN)
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Victoria Business Number (VIC BN)
- New South Wales Business Number (NSW BN)
- South Australia Business Number (SA BN)
- Northern Territory Business Number (NT BN)
- Western Australia Business Number (WA BN)
- Tasmania Business Number (TAS BN)
- Australian Capital Territory Business Number (ACT BN)
- Queensland Business Number (QLD BN)
- Trademark (TM)
Once you have everything selected and enter your business number you will be asked to choose Relationship Between the Eligibility and Domain:
- Domain name is an exact match, an acronym or abbreviation of the company or trading name, organization or association name, or trademark.
Choose this if your domain is exactly the same as your company name or have your company name on it. If everything is correct, the domain will be registered within 24 hours.
- Domain name is closely and substantially connected to the organization or activities undertaken by the organization.
Choose this option if your domain is not an exact match with your business name, although it still has a close connection to it. If everything is correct, the domain will be registered in real-time.
In case you choose this option and your domain is still not active, please contact our Customer Success team and we will check it out for you. Some cases of Close and substantial connection option will require additional verification (documents) from your side in order to proceed with activation.
Solving possible issues
If you accidentally chose the first option within the Relationship Between the Eligibility and Domain section and your domain is not an exact match to your business name - please contact our Customer Success team and we will proceed with the second option instead.