Events are actions that your website visitors make while browsing your website.
Standard Facebook pixel events are predefined by Facebook and can be used to log conversions, optimize for conversions and build audiences. You can use Facebook's Event Setup Tool to add standard events and parameters without the need to code – it's the easiest way to install pixel events.
1. Sign in to your Ads Manager account and select Events Manager in the main menu:
2. Select the pixel you'd like to use and open its Settings. Select Open Event Setup Tool under Event Setup:
3. Enter your website's URL and click Open Website. The Event Setup Tool will launch in your browser. You may need to temporarily disable ad blocking extensions on your webpage for this.
4. Click Review by each suggested event, then select Confirm or Dismiss.
5. To add events that don't show up in the suggested list, navigate your website as usual to find the buttons or web pages you want. Select Track New Button or Track a URL and follow the onscreen instructions. When you set up an event on a button, you're adding the event to all buttons with the same or similar text on your website.
6. Select an event and set up parameters for your event:
Set up value and currency parameters:
Under Value, select Choose value on page if you want to add a value parameter
The tool will highlight prices on your web page: select the value (price) that corresponds to the event; after you select a value the first time, the tool will be able to autofill values on other pages
Under Currency, select your currency from the dropdown menu
NOTE: If you've already set up the corresponding 'initiate checkout' event, you'll have the option to select Use value from Initiate Checkout when you set up the purchase event. The tool will automatically add the same value you set for the initiate checkout event to the purchase event. If the Use value from Initiate Checkout option is unavailable, select Choose value on page instead.
Set up the content ID and the content type parameters:
Click Add Content ID and Content Type to set up those parameters with your event
Select Choose content ID on page if your content ID is visible on your web page
select Extract content ID from URL if your content ID shows up in your website URL
if you have multiple content IDs on the page, add any two of them using Add another content ID – Facebook will try to find all similar content IDs on the page for you
Follow the on-screen instructions to set your content ID
Select the content type
NOTE: To set up dynamic ads, select the same content ID across all parts of the user journey; e.g., select the same content ID for your view content, add to cart, and purchase events
7. Click Finish Setup in the Event Setup Tool when you're done.
To view your events, go to Events Manager, select your pixel and view your event graph and table. To test that your events are firing correctly, go to Events Manager, select your pixel, click the Test Events tab and follow the instructions.