To use SMTP on your website for sending emails via WordPress, you will need to use a plugin, we recommend Easy WP SMTP as it’s easy to set up and use!
So first you need to install the Easy WP SMTP on your WordPress.
Once plugin is installed and active, navigate to Settings → Easy WP SMTP section on your WordPress admin dashboard:
On the Easy WP SMTP page, you will need to configure the SMTP server according to your hosting configuration, to know where to find the correct SMTP data for your hosting, just access these articles:
Once you have SMTP connection data you can go ahead and start configuring the plugin itself:
- From Email Address — the email address you created at your hosting
- From Name — the name of the sender.
- Reply-To Email Address (optional) — contains the optional second email address that will receive the replies.
- BCC Email Address (optional) — that email will be placed as a blind copy of all emails sent by your SMTP.
After that’s done, go ahead and fill in SMTP server configuration, for this article we will use hPanel ones:
- SMTP Host —you will put the host of your server, which you obtained by the articles indicated above
- Type of Encryption — select the SSL/TLS option
- SMTP Port — use the 465 port
- SMTP Authentication — select Yes
And SMTP username with password:
- SMTP Username — your email address created on your hosting panel
- SMTP Password — it will be the password of your email address, you can reset it easily (hPanel or cPanel)
Once filled in, click on Save Changes:
After this is done, we recommend that you do a sending test with your SMTP. For that click on Test Email section and select Send Test Email:
Then you will be presented with a successful test message:
That’s it! Now you know how to configure the SMTP in your WordPress 😊
Fixing possible errors
Most of the time, errors are linked with incorrect parameters you are pasting to the plugin. For such cases, it is highly recommended to reset your password and input parameters one more time, following the tutorial, checking if your email services are enabled is also recommended:
If it still doesn’t work, try using alternative port and encryption mode:
- Non-SSL SMTP: 587 port
If you face any difficulties with it, you can always contact Customer Success team 😊