Google Analytics helps to understand your website users and check the performance of your website.
Before you begin
At the moment, there are two types of Google Analytics properties:
Google Analytics 4 (Measurement ID: G-XXXXXXX) – recommended
Universal Analytics (Tracking ID: UA-XXXXXX-X)
For now, both types of properties are supported, but it's highly recommended to use Google Analytics 4, as the other one will stop processing data on July 1, 2023.
Connect Google Analytics to your website
To connect Google Analytics to your website, you only need to know the Measurement ID of your Google Analytics 4 property.
Find your Measurement ID
Sign in to your Google Analytics account
Click Admin in the bottom left
At the top of the Property column, select your property
In the Property column, click Data streams
Click the data stream for which you need the ID
The ID (G-XXXXXXX) appears in the top right
Or follow this instruction by Google Analytics.
Create a new Google Analytics 4 property
1. In your Google Analytics account, open the Admin section in the bottom left, and click Create property:
2. Provide the necessary details: property name, time zone, currency, and click Next:
3. Fill in your Business information and click Create:
4. For a platform to collect data from, select Web:
5. Insert your domain name and the name of your web stream. Customize the settings if needed, and click Create stream:
6. You will see the Measurement ID on the right:
Learn more: Google Analytics Academy courses