Messenger Live Chat is a plugin created by Facebook. You can integrate it directly into your website. Your customers will be able to contact you quickly and easily, without having to leave your site.
Integrating Messenger Live Chat
There are two main steps that you need to complete:
Set up the Messenger plugin
1. Log into your Facebook account, and access Meta Business Suite:
2. Go to the inbox:
3. Within the inbox, click on the settings wheel in the top-right and select View all settings:
4. Within the Inbox settings, open the Chat Plugin section and do the following:
Insert your domain name (
(Optional) Set up automated messages
(Optional) Customize your chat plugin
And that's it! All that's left is to find your Facebook page ID in your website's integrations settings (see steps below).
Paste your Facebook page ID into your website's integrations settings
1. Within the Inbox settings, open the Messaging section, and you'll see your messenger URL – it includes your page ID. Copy it:
2. Within the website builder, open the integrations settings. Find the Messenger Live Chat field and paste your Facebook page ID there:
3. Save the changes and update your website.
The chat bubble will appear on your website within a few hours.
You don't need to paste any additional code (script) into your website's integrations settings: your Facebook page ID is enough
You can also locate your Facebook page ID this way: Find your Facebook page ID
However, if you want to integrate Messenger Live Chat via code, you should paste the code into the Custom code field
If you've recently tried integrating Messenger Live Chat into your website but the chat bubble isn’t yet visible on your website, check out the solutions below:
Double-check the domain format
Make sure that the domain is inserted in this format:
https://domain.tld/ (without WWW) in your Inbox settings → Chat plugin:
Whitelist your domain
If more than four hours have passed and the chat bubble is not yet visible on your website, whitelist your domain. Go to your Facebook page → Settings → Advanced messaging, insert your domain under Whitelisted domains, and click Save:
Double-check the Facebook page ID
Make sure that the correct Facebook page ID has been pasted into your website's integration settings. You can find the ID this way: Find your Facebook page ID
Update the website
Once the correct Facebook page ID has been pasted into your website's integrations settings, make sure to update your website.
NOTE: If you've completed all the above steps, and the chat bubble still hasn't appeared on your website, get in touch with our customer success team