Facebook pixel integration helps with marketing: it collects data about the traffic and conversions that come from your website. This tool can be useful for improving your ads, creating more clearly defined target audiences, and retargeting users who have shown interest in your business before.
To create a Facebook pixel, you need a Facebook page (a personal Facebook profile is not enough). Before you begin, make sure that your website is published and your Facebook page is public.
NOTE: For tracking scripts to work properly, make sure that a cookie banner is enabled on your website
Create a Facebook Pixel
1. In your Facebook Business Manager, go to Settings and click on More Business settings:
2. Go to Data Sources → Pixels and click Add:
3. Insert your pixel name and your website's link, and click Continue:
4. Click Continue managing my business:
Once you do that, simply copy the pixel ID and add it to your website's integrations settings as described below.
Add a Facebook Pixel to Your Website
1. Find and copy your pixel's ID in your Events Manager. You can find it under your pixel's title or in the pixel's settings:
2. In the website builder, open the integrations settings. Find the Facebook Pixel field, and insert your Facebook Pixel ID there:
3. Save the changes and update your website.
Check if a Facebook Pixel is Connected Successfully
First, make sure that:
Your website is published, and your Facebook page is public
A cookie banner is enabled on your website
You have added your pixel ID to your website's integrations settings
Make sure there are no multiple IDs: the pixel ID should be added only once, as adding a Facebook pixel twice could cause duplicate or incorrect data in reports
You have verified your domain for Facebook
(optional) You have added your website's domain to the allow list on Facebook pixel settings
Now, it's time to check it on your live website. You can use the Facebook Pixel Helper extension that shows if the integration is valid and what events are being tracked.
Follow this link and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Facebook Pixel Helper to your browser
Access your website online and allow cookies
Click on the extension to view the data; you will see both general data and event information:
NOTE: If you can't find the extension in the browser bar, click on the puzzle icon (the top right corner on Chrome) and pin your most-used extensions so that would be always visible and easily accessible: