The best way to check user experience in your online store is to make a test purchase.
1. Create a new product: call it Test product and set a low price for it. Make sure that your test product is of the same type (physical, digital, appointment, etc.) as your regular products.
2. Make sure you've enabled payment methods based on your testing preferences:
Manual payment methods allow testing the purchase flow without making the actual payment
Online payment methods require making the actual payment
3. Display the test product on your website with the help of product sections.
4. Enable the shopping bag on your website.
5. Open your online store, find the test product, add it to the bag, and proceed to checkout.
6. At the checkout, specify the required information – shipping, contact, payment – and complete the purchase.
7. Once you place an order, you'll receive two emails:
As a merchant: the confirmation email will arrive at the email address specified in the Store settings → Company information
As a client: the confirmation email will arrive at the email address specified when submitting the test order
To find all emails that are sent from your online store, go to Store settings → Emails, and to find all orders, go to the Orders section.
If you place a test order using a manual payment method, the payment status will be Awaiting. If you test an online payment, and it goes through successfully, the payment status will be Paid. In case the online payment fails, check if the payment method is fully set up.
8. Once you're sure that everything works as intended, you can delete the test product.
It’s also a good idea to ask for feedback when building your store. Consider asking a friend to take a look and discuss their experience after shopping in your online store.