First thing is to check the error itself, it will be displayed on your FTP client window. This article will help you solve the most common errors.
530 Login Incorrect
If you are seeing 530 Login Incorrect error while connecting to your FTP, make sure that you are using the correct FTP details. If you are sure that you are using correct credentials, it is highly recommended to reset your password.
You can easily do that by opening Hosting → Manage:
And scrolling down to FTP Accounts section:
There you will be able to reset your password:
20 seconds or Connection Timed Out Error
In most cases, this error indicates an issue with the Internet connection of your provider. If that’s the case it’s best to follow this procedure:
- Reboot your router (and other network devices, if any). If the error persists, contact your Internet service provider.
- Increase the connection timeout in the FTP client you are using. In FileZilla, this can be done via Edit → Settings:
You will be presented with an options menu, where you can change the timeout interval to 9999:
That’s it! Now your FTP should work without any issues.
- How to connect to FTP account?
- How to fix ECONNREFUSED - connection refused by server in FileZilla
- How to fix 421 too many connections from this IP error in FileZilla
- How to create FTP accounts on cPanel?
- If none of the steps above helped you connect to FTP, please contact us via Live Support and we'll be happy to help you with the issue! :)