Transferring a domain between Hostinger accounts is a very simple process. To transfer a domain from one account to another, it is necessary that:
- The contact information of the domain and the account to which the transfer will be carried out matches
- More than 4 days have passed from the purchase or transfer of the domain.
Step 1 - Prepare the domain
Log in to the account, where the domain is currently located. Open the Domains dashboard and click on the domain which you want to move:
There open the Contact Information page and click on Change contacts:
- The change needs to be performed to all types of contacts (Registrant, Administrative, Billing, Technical)
- All the domain’s contact information including email must be the same as the account to which the domain will be moved to
- If part of the information in contact details is not set in the receiving account's profile, add that information
After the contact details are changed, you will receive a verification email. If the email address was changed, both the old and the new email address will receive a verification email. Confirm the change of contact address in both emails.
If you face any difficulties changing contact details, you can change the contact details of the account, to which domain will be transferred, or contact our Customer Success team for help.
Step 2 - Request a domain move
From the account in which the domain is located now, contact our Customer Success team. We will double-check everything and initiate the procedure 😊