ESNIC does not allow to change owner data automatically for .ES domains. The process must be done directly with ESNIC.
Procedure is relatively easy, as long as you follow these steps:
- You can make changes of ownership of .ES domains using the option Domain Transfer Request that you will find after accessing Nic.es with your Nic-Handle and password. In this section you can indicate the domain (it will automatically fill in the field of the current owner and the applicant), the new owner and the new administrative contact person (PCA). After that’s done enter the captcha and click Continue.
- In the next step, you will have to sign the application using an Electronic DNI or attaching a photocopy of the DNI, which can be uploaded directly (it cannot exceed 600px in width. If you have issues attaching it, try to reduce its size until it is accepted).
- Nic.es will request acceptance from the current owner or the administrative contact (Nic.es will send an e-mail and the current owner will have to access their Nic-Handle to accept the process). Once this is done, the request for the change of ownership will be carried out, which Nic.es will review and if everything is correct, it will be accepted. The acceptance period is usually approximately 5-7 days, although there have been cases of transmissions within a few hours.
If request is not accepted within 10 days, it will be automatically cancelled.
- If you do not have the password associated with your Nic-Handle, you can recover it from the same link.
- If you do not have a Nic-Handle for the new owner, you can create one here.
- Keep in mind that if you already have an .ES domain, you already have a NIC-handle. You can find it by using Whois for your domain name.
- If you do not indicate SCIP (us) as a Registering Agent, the domain will be managed through Nic.es.