Before you transfer your domain to Hostinger, you need to get the EPP code of the domain, it is also called domain secret or authentication code, and only the domain owner and the current registrar have access to it.
Now, follow these simple steps to transfer your domain to Hostinger:
- Access the Hostinger Transfer Domain page.
- Simply enter your domain name and click on Transfer.
- Proceed with the payment.
- Enter the EPP code and initiate the transfer.
Keep in mind that after the transfer, your domain will be renewed for 1 year (except ccTLDs such as .co.uk, .es, .com.br, etc)!
Once you finish the order, the transfer process will be initiated. You will receive an email regarding the domain transfer, make sure to confirm it!
IMPORTANT - before you initiate a domain transfer, make sure that:
- You have full ownership and control of the domain name that you want to transfer to us.
- The domain name is older than 60 days and is unlocked at the current domain registration company.
- The domain was not transferred between registrars within the last 60 days.
- Privacy protection is disabled.
- You have a valid EPP/Auth code from your current registrar.
- Your domain is pointing to Hostinger. You can read this tutorial for more information - How to Point Domain Name to Hostinger.
- To transfer a .co.uk domain, you need to change your domain's IPS tag. You can do that by contacting your current domain's registrar. Please ask them to set your domain IPS tag to
- And then you can check our articles on how to get the EPP code while transferring from GoDaddy, BlueHost, HostGator.
- If you are looking for information about how to point your domain to our servers without moving your domain ownership, here is your guide.
- But if you want to migrate your website files, please check this migration guide.