There are several reasons why emails might not be working for you, we will go through the most important things you need to check when this happens:
- Your hosting needs to be active (once active, it will be displayed on your Home section on hPanel).
- Your domain needs to be registered and activated (once active, it will be displayed on your Home section on hPanel).
- Your domain needs to have MX records added. For better deliverability, SPF and DKIM records should be added as well. All the records can be checked in this article.
- Your email account needs to be created.
- Your email services need to be enabled.
- After activation, the domain can take up to 24 hours to start working.
- Any DNS Record changes trigger propagation, which can last up to 24 hours to fully complete.
- Emails can take up to 15 minutes to be delivered.
In case you made sure everything from prerequisites is met and your emails are still not working, check these most common reasons for some of the specific issues:
Most common reasons and solutions
Can’t send and receive emails
Can send, but not receive emails
“Your message wasn't delivered to (address) because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail” error is shown
The email client/plugin doesn’t work, but emails work on Webmail
Incorrect parameters used to set up your email client. Try to set it up again, following the tutorial.
PHP/SMTP file for sending emails doesn’t work
Double-check the file and make sure parameters are correct.
Emails are disappearing